[Review] Kanebo Suisai Beauty Clear Powder

By Elin Chow - Tuesday, January 17, 2017


Photo By: Elin Chow

I have been wanting to try Powder facial cleansers because they are such a big hit in Japan right now. The Kanebo Suisai Beauty Clear Powder is perhaps the most popular and best-selling drugstore brand powder facial cleanser in Japan. So I decided to pick this up to try when I was in Japan. This is also the most expensive item I have bought in a Japanese drugstore.

I am usually very picky when it comes to facial cleansers, but I must admit that I have fallen in love with the Kanebo Suisai Beauty Clear Powder ever since I bought it during my Japan trip last November. The result is just amazing!

If you are interested to know what I bought in Japan, please read my "Huge Beauty + Snacks Shopping Haul" post.

WHAT THE PRODUCT SAYS

Kanebo Suisai Beauty Clear Powder is a water-activated enzyme powder cleanser and exfoliator that claims to exfoliate, shrink the appearance of pores and remove excess sebum and dead skin cells without drying out the skin.


The powder contains 2 types of enzymes - Proteolytic enzyme (Protease) and Sebum Degrading enzyme to exfoliate dead skin cells and remove excess sebum. In addition to that, it is also formulated with soy milk extract and hyaluronic acid to moisturize and brighten the skin. Most importantly, it is free of fragrance and artificial colorants - just perfect for sensitive skin.


PACKAGING

The Kanebo Suisai Beauty Clear Powder is sold in either packs of 15 or 32, and each comes in individually packaged little Hexagon-shaped plastic capsules containing 0.4 g of the product. The packaging is very small and lightweight, which makes it super convenient for travelling because it will not take up a lot space. I can simply throw a few capsules of it into my bag without having to worry about spillage.

Most importantly, it is TSA friendly because the product comes in a powder form. Since it is powder, you can easily pass through airport security checkpoints, unlike other liquid cleansers. The Hexagon-shaped capsule also makes it easy to hold and open with wet hands.


TEXTURE

Unlike most other exfoliation products that you will find in the market, the Kanebo Suisai Beauty Clear Powder gently exfoliate your skin without slightest irritation because it does not contain overly harsh grits or microbeads. The grits are ultra fine and gentle. With a little water added, the powder instantly transform into a nice milky foam, just like any other facial cleansers that I have tried. The texture is silky smooth and does not feel harsh on the skin.


CLEAN, EXOFOLIATE, HYDRATE

To be honest, I was skeptical about the Kanebo Suisai Beauty Clear Powder. Powder Cleansers? That sounds really odd. But the result is surprisingly good. The powder gives you the super clean feeling after wash. I love how smooth and baby soft my skin feels every time I wash my face.

In addition to that, it brighten and deep cleanse to remove any impurities without stripping away moisture from the skin. However, I actually find the powder a little drying if you use it every single day. I would not recommend this product for daily use, especially for people with super dry skin.

I am not sure whether this product is effective at removing blackheads, but it does help to reduce excess sebum production and occurrence of acne, thus achieving natural and beautiful clear skin.


CUSTOMIZABLE

Unlike any other cleansers I have used in the past, powder cleansers are customizable depending on the amount of water you mix in. Add lesser water if you prefer more grits and more water if you prefer a more gentle exfoliation.


PRICE

The Kanebo Suisai Beauty Clear Powder is slightly on the expensive side, considering the amount of product given. I bought a pack of 32 from Tsuruha Drug Dotonbori Store in Osaka for 1,700 Yen, which is about RM 68.51. The price is much more expensive than most of the Korean brand facial cleansers I found in the market. Furthermore, you will get more product, but at a much more cheaper price.


SMELL

Since it is in a powder form, I was expecting a strong powder smell. But surprisingly, it is fragrance free and does not have any noticeable smell.

HOW TO USE

Kanebo Suisai Beauty Clear Powder is really to use. One capsule of it is meant for a single use. But I usually only use half of capsule of powder instead of one. It is more than enough. 


To use, I will pour half of capsule of powder into my palm and add small amount of water. This will create a milky smooth lather. Massage it over my damp skin in circular motions, then rinse well. I will actually recommend using it twice or thrice every week. Once opened, it cannot store for too long, because otherwise the powder will harden.

CONCLUSION

So far, I have a good experience with the Kanebo Suisai Beauty Clear Powder. The result is amazing and leave my skin feeling soft and clean while still being gentle. I am always on a lookout for new, innovative and exciting beauty products to try and this has not disappointed me. This is a very gentle cleanser suited for all skin types, including very sensitive skin.

Will I repurchase this again? Yes, definitely! But at the same time, I would like to try other brands of powder cleansers available in the market as well.

Be sure to follow me on my FacebookTwitter or Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check out my Skincare  page for the list of skincare products I have tried. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Hi Elin,

    Great to read your review about this suisai beauty clear powder. I will try soon since i got 1 capsules from my colleague. hihiii.

    I would like to recommend u to try Bougas Beauty Facial Cleanser & Face Scrub. It also a good local skincare u should try since it already hit in Malaysia right now.

    Feel free to visit my IG : @bougasbeautybyjeeha or whatsapp me http://www.wasap.my/60134338137/NakBougasBeauty .

    ;)

    ReplyDelete