My Top 5 Beach Travel Essentials

By Elin Chow - Sunday, April 10, 2016


Photo By: HomeAway

It is summer and it is time to hit the beach. While spending a day in the sun and sand is easy, packing for a vacation can be daunting task. With some many things to pack, it can be overwhelming to decide what are the essentials to bring for a beach vacation. For that, I have teamed with HomeAway to share my top 5 essential for a beach vacation.

1. Sunscreen Lotion

Sunscreen lotion is always an essential for a beach vacation. While having fun at the beach, it is important to keep our skin protected from the harmful effects of UV rays. I would not want to end up with damaged skin and spend the rest of the week in agonizing pain. Right now, the Banana Boat Sport Sunscreen Lotion is currently my favorite sunscreen lotion. I will always apply a generous amount of sunscreen to any exposed skin 20 minutes before going out in the sun. Be sure to re-apply sunscreen every two hours to make sure your skin stay protected for the entire day.

Other than your skin, do not forget your lips too. The scorching heat of the sun can cause the lips to become dry and chapped so it is equally important to keep it protected with a sunscreen lip balm. Using a lip balm with sunscreen will help keep your lips hydrated, healthy and soft.

2. Flip Flops

Having a pair of nice Flip Flops is a must for me when I am visiting the beach. I believe you would not want to walk on the sand in sneakers or high heels. Flip Flops are great for wearing to the beach because they are very easy to slip on and off when you are ready to hit the waters.

The good thing about Flip Flops is that you do not have to worry about ruining them in water even if you did not take them off your feet. They are also very light, durable and most importantly, very easy to pack because they does not take too much space in my luggage. I could easily just pack these shoes and nothing else for a beach holiday.

3. Hair Mask

My hair tend to get very dry, frizzy and brittle at the beach. So keep them smooth and silky, I usually apply a hair mask every time I wash my hair. Right now, I am using the L'oreal Professional Mythic Oil Masque. I find this product extremely nourishing. It really helps to smooth and de-frizz my hair. You may want to apply a leave-in hair conditioner with sunscreen to protect your hair from the harmful UV rays.

4. Big Bottle of Water

I always make sure I bring a big bottle of filtered water whenever I go to the beach because spending an extended period of time in the sun can be extremely dehydrating. Your body will be working extra hard to keep you cool and sweating will cause you to lose a huge amount of fluids and salts. Thus, it is very important to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated at all times.

5. Camera

I love photography and I would not want to miss any amazing photo opportunity. So, I always carry my camera with me wherever I go. I am currently using a Nikon D5100 DSLR camera. The camera is heavy and bulky, making it a little troublesome to carry around. I will never know when a photogenic opportunity will arise and I do not want to regret later for not bringing my camera with me.

Be sure to follow me on Facebook or Twitter  for any latest updates on my blog. You might also want to check My Wanderlust page for some of my travel adventures.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments