Trip To Cameron Highlands 2014: Boh Tea Plantation

By Elin Chow - Saturday, December 06, 2014

Photo By: Elin Chow

Leaving the Butterfly Farm, we got in the car and set off to explore Cameron Highlands further. Without having any plans in our mind, we drove aimlessly around the place and decided to drop by the Boh Tea Plantations.

How To Go

The Boh Tea Plantations are located high up in the Brinchang area. After the Butterfly Farm, you should be able to spot a large signboard on the left side of the road. Once you saw the sign board, turn left in and follow the road to the tea plantations.

The road that leads up to the Boh Tea Plantations is very narrow and winding, allowing only one car to pass at a time. As you drive around the mountains, do beware of cars coming from the opposite direction and prepare to slow down or stop to let other cars pass whenever required. I believe this is where it will test a lot of your driving skills and patience.

Throughout the drive, the road journey was very bumpy and uncomfortable. We did not know what to expect at the end of the narrow and curvy road and for a few moments, we did regretted of driving in at the first place. There were simply too limited space for us to stop the car or make a U-turn back to where we initially came from. 

However, if you put the narrow road and bumpy ride aside, you will enjoy the magnificent view of the green tea plantations on both side of the roads. The plantations are more than just being spectacular and stunning with hills all covered up by green tea.


Having a total of 8000 acres planted with tea, the Boh Tea Plantation is known to be the largest tea plantation in Southeast Asia. Really impressive!

Eventualy, we decided to just stop somewhere along the narrow road and took that opportunity to capture some of our travel memories. The tea plantations actually provide an excellent background for photo taking. However, it was a pity that I did not bring my DSLR along with me on this particular trip. So, this made it a must for me to visit the tea plantations very soon again to have some of its beauty captured on my DSLR.


The tea plantations are definitely a must see attraction for anyone who is visiting the Cameron Highlands. We did not get to visit the Sungei Palas Boh Tea Centre. Hopefully, I will get to visit the place on my next trip to the Cameron Highlands.

Be sure to follow me on my FacebookTwitter or Instagram to get the latest updates on my blog! Also, do not forget to share my blog posts with your family and friends if you find them helpful. In the meantime, you might also want to check My Wanderlust page for some of my other travel adventures.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments