[Review] Garnier Light Intensive 3 In 1 Whitening Essence Mask

By Elin Chow - Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Photo By: Elin Chow

So, in the previous review which I have wrote for the Garnier Light Complete Multi-Action Whitening Cream, I believe I have mentioned about the Garnier Light Intensive 3 In 1 Whitening Essence Mask, a product which I would usually rely on to achieve a fairer face complexion.

What Does Garnier Says

The Prefect Fit - Garnier Second Skin Masks

Using new weightless technology, Garnier Second Skin Masks is a thin translucent sheet which is designed and customized specifically to fit Asians' facial features. The use of  innovation high fitting tissue efficiently reduces the amount of trapped air, thus allowing the mask to stick on nicely and tightly on your face.

Combining the power of 3 extracts in 1 mask, Garnier promises to deliver fairness, radiance and hydration with its Garnier Light Intensive 3 In 1 Whitening Essence Mask.

Ingredients

Scutellaria Extract: Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, also known as Baikal Scullcap or Huang Qin, has been widely used in Chinese medicine for thousands years. Due to its anti-inflammatory. antioxidant and anti-allergen properties, Scutellaria is often used to treat skin allergies like Rhinitis, Eczema and Psoriasis. Apart from that, researches have also shown that Scutellaria has the ability to prevent the formation of Melanin, a natural substance that determine the color of your skin.

Producing too much Melanin in your body will naturally cause your skin to be darker. Thus. Scuterllaria Extract is often said to be effective in skin brightening and whitening due to its ability in preventing the formation of Melanin in the body.

Pure Lemon Essence: Just like the Garnier Light Complete Multi-Complete Whitening Cream, THe Garnier Light Intensive 3 In 1 Whitening Mask is also formulated with Pure Lemon Essence.

Lemon contains high level of Vitamin C and antioxidants that acts as a great exfoliator and brightener for the skin. It is not only known for its effectiveness in removing dead skins and blackheads, but also in treating sunburn, dark spots and uneven skin complexion.

Tanggula Glacier Water: In the central region of Tibetan Plateau, 5000 m above sea level, the water is sourced from cold and untouched glaciers stocked at the peaks of the mountain range. The Tanggula Glacier Water is said to be rich in natural minerals such as Potassium and Calcium which helps to retain water and provide instant hydration to your skin. 

What I Like About This Mask

1. Brightening and Whitening

I actually suffered from a very terrible sun burnt a few years ago during a snorkeling trip to the Tioman Island in Malaysia. Before I suffered from the sun burnt, I was a pretty fair-skinned girl and never in my life, I have ever expected myself to become so tanned. I could not accepted the fact that I am going to lose my once fair complexion. Just when I was feeling really sad and desperate, I am glad that I have found the Garnier Light Intensive 3 In 1 Whitening Mask. Undeniably, this mask is my skin savior!

As what it has promised, this mask has helped to whiten and brighten my once sun-damaged skin. Thanks to the Garnier Light Complete Multi-Action Whitening Cream, I was able to get my fair skin back. If not, I think I will hate my snorkeling experience for the rest of my life!

In addition, my skin always appear more glowing after application. I love how healthy and radiant my skin looks every time I removed the mask sheet from my face. With the Garnier Light Intensive 3 In 1 Whitening Essence Mask, I believe I will never be bothered by dull and uneven skin tone again in the future.

2. Fade Pimple Scars and Dark Spots

This mask is not only for people who have suffered from a sun burnt. Even after I had gotten my fair skin back, I have still continued to use this mask to treat my pimple scars and dark spots. I must say that it has indeed helped to lighten my pimple scars and dark spots greatly.

3. Fitting

Just like what Garnier has claimed, the thin translucent mask sheet fits on perfectly well to my face contours without sliding off . I could continue to do all my daily chores without having the need to adjust any falling mask back onto my face at any time of the day during application.

Furthermore, I am also pleased with the fact that this mask actually does not come with too much serum. Seriously, I really hate those mask sheets that are dripping with serum. It totally irritates me if I have to to keep on cleaning up the mess on my clothes while having the mask on.

4. Smell

Just like the Garnier Light Complete Multi-Action Whitening Cream, the Garnier Light Intensive 3 In 1 Whitening Essence Mask also comes with a very strong, pleasant and fragrant Citrus scent. The scent is actually not as overpowering as the Garnier Light Complete Multi-Action Whitening Cream. However, the fresh Citrus smell is quite long-lasting and tends to linger on my skin for hours after each application.

5. Hydration

Apart from whitening, the Garnier Light Intensive 3 In 1 Whitening Essence Mask is also effective in providing instant hydration to my drying skin. My skin always feels very soft and supple after I removed the mask from my face.

What I Dislike About This Product

1. Price

You could easily purchase the Garnier Light Intensive 3 In 1 Whitening Essence Mask at RM 7.90 per sheet from most Guardian and Watsons stores in Malaysia. Although the price is pretty reasonable, I still find the mask to be a little expensive if I am to use it on a routine basis.

In fact, you could purchase this mask at a cheaper price in Singapore. If I did not remember wrongly, both Guardian and Watsons Singapore are selling this mask at only SGD 2 each, which is equivalent to around RM 5 in Malaysia. Why is there such a huge difference in price? It will be great if Garnier could consider selling this product at a lower price in order to make it more affordable for most people in Malaysia.

How I Use This Product

Using this product is just like using any other sheet masks which you have purchased in the market.

1. Cleanse your face thoroughly to remove any dirt and oils with a facial cleanser. For this, I would usually use my EverSoft Organic Ginkgo with Grapefruit Facial Cleanser. If you have time, I would recommend you to go through an exfoliating procedure before you proceed to put on the mask. This is to get rid of any dead skin cells that are laying on your skin surfaces and open up your pores to allow better absorption. For exfoliation, I will usually reach out for my Cure Natural Aqua Gel. 

2. Pat your face dry with a clean towel.

3. Allow some time for your skin to relax and calm down from the washing. 

4. Before you put on the mask onto your face, it is important to check the product expiry date. Then, fit the mask onto your face. 

5. Although the recommend time for application is only 10 to 15 minutes, I would usually prefer to leave the mask on my face for at least 30 minutes. This is allow more time for my skin to absorb the serum from the mask before I remove the sheet my face. 

6. Once removed, I will usually massage any excess serum that left on the mask onto my skin to avoid any wastage. Then I will gently pat my face with my fingers to allow better absorption before washing the serum off with clean water. Some of you might prefer not to wash your face after you have removed the mask. Whichever way you prefer, it does not really matter.

How Frequently Do I Use This Product?

Well, I do not use this mask on a routine basis since I have long recovered from the sun burnt. Now, I only find myself reaching out for the Garnier Light Intensive 3 In 1 Whitening Essence Mask if I have been out in the sun for a whole day. 

For people who suffered from a sun burnt, I would recommend you to apply this mask two to three times a week. For better result, you might even wish to use it every day. However, be prepared that this is going to burn a big hole in your wallet.

Final Thoughts

I have been using this mask for the past 3 years and so far, the result has never disappoint me. With the Garnier Light Intensive 3 In 1 Whitening Essence Mask, I would not be bothered by dull looking skin again. 

However, please bear in mind that the Garnier Light Intensive 3 In 1 Whitening Essence Mask is not a miracle product. Thus, it does not have the ability to alter your DNA and change your skin color completely. Even so, I will still say that this mask is effective in helping me to achieve a fairer and lighter complexion. The key to fairness is patience. Fairer skin does not happen overnight. It is important that you use this mask on a regular basis before making any judgement. 

If you happen to be someone who is obsessed with having a fair skin, I believe the Garnier Light Intensive 3 In 1 Whitening Essence Mask is definitely one of your must-have product. So what are you still waiting for? Give it a try now and shine confidently with Garnier! 

Be sure to follow me on Facebook or Twitter  for any latest updates on my blog. So stay tuned!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments